Friday, November 14, 2014

A Mommy Memory- Conception Date

For my musical girl:

1 year ago yesterday, I conceived you.
Not in the most "traditional" way, but in the most MAGICAL way.
1 year ago yesterday, I conceived the thought of you being my child, someone to scoop up and call my own. Mommies don't get to pick their babies. Their babies are conceived, developed, and born into this world on God's terms. And 1 year ago yesterday, in the most crazy, wonderful, confusing, shocking, and completely speechless way... I conceived the thought of you.

I remember the first time I heard of you like it just happened 20 minutes ago. I remember being completely caught off guard and excited in the most scared way!? I didn't know what to think... was I ready... were WE ready to embark on the journey to you? I suppose now, that's probably exactly how most Mommies feel when they first find out they have conceived. :)

Again, for my musical girl:

I spent the next couple days, and many sleepless nights after I conceived you, in a fog of wonderment. I felt like my heart was swelling too big to carry inside of me, probably the way most Mommies feel about their tummies. But hidden perk, I didn't have to wait 9 months to meet you. I anxiously and impatiently carried you in my heart for 5 days before I met you on 11/17/13. I think 11/13-11/17 will always be a very special time a year for me, as I remember every swirling thought about you, me, daddy, your families, and our hopeful (at the time) family.


One more time, for my musical girl:

It still breaks my  heart that I didn't get the chance to be your mommy from day one, but I accept that  we found each other in God's perfect timing. I cannot fathom to think where I would be without you... and it pains my heart to think about where you would be without Daddy and I.

November is National Adoption Month. There are lots of children in this world that are waiting to be born into a family... sometimes all it takes is a willing heart to conceive them. I strongly support and urge anyone able to adopt to do it! I didn't think I was ready, and God proved me wrong in every way! ;)

Happy conception day Maddi!!!
Mommy and Daddy love you forever and ALWAYS!!!

How we kicked off the weekend:
Keeping with the "new home" theme, she received a FROZEN castle after school today!!!
And, except to eat and use the facilities, she has not come back out! LOL







No comments:

Post a Comment