Miss Maddi Manners
Maddi would point to stuff, grunt and say "give me that." or "Maddi have that."
Now (about 80% of the time unprompted) she says "Please" "Thank you sooooo Much" "Yes please, thank you." "No, Thank you" (this one is inconvenient when I ask her to do something and tells me that...lol) "Thank you for helping me" "Can I please have that..."
Here are some examples of how Mommy must be very repetitive and Maddi is my little copycat....LOL:
* The other night I was playing Barbies with Maddi, here is the conversation we had*
Maddi's Barbie: "Would you like some water, Barbie?"
Mommy's Barbie: "Why... yes please!"
Maddi's Barbie: "There you go Barbie!"
Mommy's Barbie: "Ooooh, thank you very much!"
Maddi's Barbie: "Oh Barbie... you good manners!? Thank you for you manners!"
[*** My Heart Smiled***]
Mommy's Barbie: "You are very welcome, Barbie. I like to use my manners."
Maddi's Barbie: "Uh huh..."
* Mike filled Maddi's vaporizer before bed and spilled some water ALL OVER on her dresser*
(she knows that she is not allowed to touch or play with it)
Mommy: "Daddy, were you playing with the vaporizer in Maddi's room???"
Daddy: "Uh...yes I just filled it up?"
(Maddi now has run to my side to see what I was talking about and I showed her the mess Daddy made)
Mommy to Maddi: "Look at this big mess!? We don't play with this do we?"
Maddi: "Oh no! What a mess!"
(Daddy is now at her side to see what I am talking about)
Maddi to Daddy: "Look you did!?"
Daddy: "Oh, no.... I didn't mean to"
Mommy to Daddy: "Daddy you know you are not supposed to play with that." "Go sit in time out!"
Mommy to Maddi: "Maddi, go take Daddy to time out and tell him he needs to sit there and think about what he did."
(Maddi pointed and followed him to the corner in the other room)
Maddi: "Daddy, you sit right here. You not play with that again."
(She comes back into her room to watch me clean it up...while Daddy is sitting in the corner still)
Maddi to Mommy: "Ugh, Daddy need learn to listen to directions and not touch that no more."
[*** My Heart Smiled***]
Mommy to Maddi: "Should we go check on Daddy and ask him to say he's sorry?"
Maddi: "Yes, please."
(Maddi marches over to Daddy in the corner)
Maddi to Daddy: "You done time out?"
Daddy: "Yes."
Maddi to Daddy: "You sorry and not touch no more?"
Daddy: "Yes"
*Playing with Play Dough*
(Maddi makes a imprint of an elephant from one of her tools)
Maddi: "Oh, look Mommy.. this is so BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT!" (lol)
Mommy: "Oh, that is BEAUTIFUL and PERRRRFECT"
Maddi: " Oh and that ASH-UM!" (Awesome)
(apparently we say "perfect" "beautiful" and "awesome" too much???) LOL
I have been working REEEEEALLY HARD to catch her on video saying "MAY I..."
I FINALLY GOT IT!!!
I actually had to fake cough at the start to get her not to hear me turn on my video
No comments:
Post a Comment