Off To "School"
So... I have to say... Mommy was sad today. Today was Maddison's first day at "school" (daycare)... and Mommy was surprised how consumed she was by the whole process. I was super sad dropping her off and was a bit worried how it would go. I really hoped she would love it... but the the other part of me hoped she would not like me not staying with her.
I researched 2 different daycares a few weeks ago and the one I chose has a preschool that they will bus her to preschool at the elementary school. (she will go to 4 year old preschool next year and do kindergarten when 6) I thought this would be a good choice as then she will have "less" of a transition when she goes to kindergarten. (seeing how I think she has had enough "transitioning" for awhile)
They seem to be really nice and have lots of kids for Maddi to play with.
So, Mike and I had been talking to Maddison about her new "school" for over a week, and I even took her there when I dropped off her final paperwork last week. When we went I took her down the hall and showed her all the rooms, where the potties were, and even showed her a picture of her "teacher". She was EXCITED and was SUPER MAD at me when I told her we were not actually going into her classroom to play. She was up super early this morning and EXCITED TO GO.
When we got there, while walking in I reminded her to use her manners, remember to share with her new friends, and to listen to directions from her teachers. There were only 3 other kiddos there when we got there. Maddi's eyes lit up as she looked around the room and she said "LOOK!" (She saw the little closet full of dress up clothes) And... she was gone. I had to coax her over to give me a hug and kiss good bye... :,(
She grabbed a dress she wanted and took it right over to her teacher and asked her to help her put it on.
The teacher just looked at me and smiled because she knew I was a little sad by this. LOL So I just said goodbye and walked out... not that Maddison even noticed!? LOL
The view from the window of Maddi getting right to work playing!
When I picked her up at 3pm, they were reading at circle time and I watched from the window.
She was sitting right in the middle of the kids and listening and responding. She raised her hand and was smiling. I felt a lot better. The director came out and told me that she was in there a little bit with Maddi today, and she said she seemed to adapt well! She said they did have a funny moment with her at lunch time. Maddison was overwhelmed at their style of lunch. At lunch they all sit around the table and serve themselves family style. Maddi appeared to never have done this and "let them know" this. When Maddi gets overwhelmed/ ticked off (LOL) she clinches her fists at chest height, scrunches her face, and shivers her body a bit. But they talked her through it and she did just fine once she realized that once she passed her bowl her firend next to her would pass theirs to her. LOL
Her daily schedule
I asked Maddi all about her day... and she said she wanted to "go back to school and her friends there". She said they sang their ABC's, read books, and had snacks. I asked her what she had for lunch, and she said M&Ms??? (LOL okay... NOT!)
She said she took a nap, and she said she did with her Mr. Duck. (her lovey)
When I told her she is going back to "school" tomorrow, her eyes lit up and she clapped and said "YEY!!!"
So Mommy was sad... but now she is happy that Maddi has such a great day and is excited for tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment