Dear Miss Maddison- official
I cannot BELIEVE we have only known you, my precious girl,
for only 7 months. The whole thought that I have only been a Mommy for
just 7 months literally makes me feel like I have a memory loss issue!? I
cannot remember a time where I wasn't with you. I seriously forget that
you are adopted... and I KNOW I have said that a hundred thousand
times... but it's truly how I feel. I know it sounds unreal to believe,
and the only way I can even begin to describe how it feels to have a 3
year old daughter, only have been a Mommy for 7 months, but insist that you
are 110,000% mine... is to say that it was God's plan, his divine will, and
my heart knows this to be true. There is no other way I can describe
it... none.
I have said this a hundred thousand times, but I have loved you Maddison, since the first time I laid eyes on you. I believe you were mine before I ever even knew about you. My heart was made whole on 11/17/2013. So, I am incredibly honored and super thankful to say that the long 7 month journey for you to be "officially" our daughter, is over today! We are signing the final paperwork this morning, and you will officially be a Haley!! It brings tears to my eyes to think that I don't have to worry about you being taken away from me. I have struggled with the feeling that "something could go wrong" or that I am being judged... and really without any reason for it, other than it's just a completely different realm than the "norm". It's been a struggle for me to know in my heart that I am your Mommy, yet know that's not how it has been seen "officially". And today I just want to shout it from the roof tops that I AM MADDISON GRACE HALEY'S MOMMY!!! Just know, that years from now when you read this, you will never have to question how I felt on this day... because this day is one for the books. You may be the only child God blesses me with, and I am gonna take full advantage of loving every ounce of you, and that is a PROMISE! ;)
So, Miss Maddison Grace Haley...
Oh the life we have have planned for you... oh the places you will go... oh the things you will see, do, and learn... oh the possibilities that are yours for the taking. It's no secret that you are a very special little girl, you were made special from the moment you arrived in this world, and it should not come by any surprise to hear that you are priceless and remain so very loved by so many people. But, always remember nobody loves you more than me! Well, your Daddy might argue with me a bit on that last statement (LOL) so... nobody loves you more than Mommy AND Daddy!! ;)
Love you forever my "Lil' Pookie", my "Pumpkin Smoochie", my Daughter!! (officially)
Mommy
xoxoxo
Maddison Grace Haley you've picked out a wonderful Mommy and Dad. Papa Michael and Gramma Terera Love you very much.
ReplyDelete