Maddi’s first family reunion (for my Mother’s side) was 8/09/14
in Mason City, Iowa. We took our camper up a few days before to get setup and
have some fun together before all the family and festivities started. The
campground we stay at have a water park attached to it with great kid friendly
equipment … and Maddison had a blast! The first two days she wanted nothing to
do with the water slides. Once Aunt Christy and Alex got there, I bribed her
with an ice cream sandwich if she would go down with me JUST ONE TIME… I could
see her internally struggle with the decision to say yes… so I KNEW I had to show
her there was nothing to be afraid of. (Daddy was napping at the camper so he
missed out on the first time on the blue slide… but made it to the water park to
take her for the first time on the green slide) After the first time down, we couldn't get her OFF the slides. I probably went up those stairs about 25 times the first day!!
Enjoy the funny video and pictures:
 |
| Falling asleep on our road trip up. Bow hanging from her hair |
 |
| The morning camping crew. Cracking up at their blanket!!! |
 |
| THE ice cream sandwich of BRAVERY strikes again!!! One more on the last day of swimming ;) |
 |
| Two Peas in a pod. Mattie and Maddi. |
 |
| Working together at the museum |
 |
| SMORES!!! As promised! |
Lexy and I beating my cousins' booties in bags! Love ya Hollie and Kiera! ;)
 |
| The family!!! |
Maddi was DYING for her cousins from Minnesota to get to the
campground for the 2 days that we were there prior to them. Promises of smores,
swimming, games, giggles, and hugs from her family made for one EXCITED little
girl!!!
Maddi had SOOOOO much fun that it was a pretty quiet ride
MOST of the way home. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment