1/25/14
Mike and my mother's wanted to host an open house for Maddison, to welcome her to the family.
We at first, did not know when we wanted to have such a shin-dig for her, as we didn't know how long it would take for us to feel like she was ready. Maddison, right from the start just bonded to us so well , that we knew she would be ready by 1/25/14. We did try to keep it as small as possible, but we still had over 55 people stop by to meet Maddison and have some cake and snacks with us. Our moms and other family members that helped to throw us the party, were so awesome! It was a Tinkerbell themed party, (Which Maddi and I both thought was super cool!) full of pretty decorations and even some fun things for the kids. Maddi's new cousins and my long time friend's little girl played so well together, and they even helped Maddi open her presents!
Maddison trying on her Tinkerbell outfit that Grandma Wanda and Papa Dave got her to wear to her party.
I had to practically pry it off her... I think she would have slept in it if I would have let her. :o)
Maddison was spoiled with three... yes I said THREE different cakes! The above picture is of the giant sheet cake that had a picture of her adoption announcement on it (so awesome), the below picture of Tinkerbell cupcakes, and (not pictured) chocolate rainbow colored cupcakes! Grandma Sherri and Papa Steve ordered all the cakes, and she LOVED them!
*She especially loved that she got to "eat her face" a couple days after the party*
What's a party without a Pinata!?
(Maddi special requested that there be a pinata, so the Grandma's got a Tinkerbell one...SPOILED!!!)
Which string is going to release all the goodies???

DADDY!?!?
Maddi was exhausted when it was over, a clear sign that she had a blast!
We wanted to thank everyone that came to meet Maddi and welcome her into the family!
I will proudly go on record and say that Mike and I have THE BEST family and friends,
We wanted to thank everyone that came to meet Maddi and welcome her into the family!
I will proudly go on record and say that Mike and I have THE BEST family and friends,
and now Miss Maddison Grace does too! :)









No comments:
Post a Comment