Saturday, December 14, 2013

Family Fun at the Family Museum

12/01

We could only take Maddison for a few hours today... so we wanted to make sure we did something FUN!!! We picked her up from her Grandma Teresa's church nursery, and went to lunch with Grandma Sherri and Papa Steve at McDonald's. (Not my favorite place to eat, but it was quick and on the way to the museum)

Once we got to the museum, we found Uncle Nate, Aunt Melissa, and Cousin Cheyenne! I waited to tell Maddi that we were going to see Cheyenne until we were almost done at McDonald's, because she LOVES Cheyenne soooooo much she would ask for her NON STOP! lol In fact, when we bust through the museum door, Maddi was yelling "Cheyenne!? Cheyenne!?" to every little girl trying to find her! :o)

We had a blast with all the fun sensory activities. I took advantage of the learning moments to test Maddi on her colors and numbers, identifying food items, building sentences, and doing activities that she would establish trust with Mike and I both. At this point in our young and fragile relationship, we are starting to notice that she is favoring me and not Daddy as much. So today I tried to stay behind the camera and let Daddy be her "go to guy" building trust and showing her she can depend on him.

Her favorite activities today were  grocery shopping, playing with the buttons on the wall that played songs, pressing the buttons on the jukebox and dancing in dress-up clothes.

     



After we are all done playing, we waited in line to see Santa Claus!!! Maddi was soooooo excited to see Santa, however was not a fan of waiting in line! lol But, for being a 3 year old, she did very well! She cherishes her pictures of her with Santa and Cheyenne on my phone. When she sees the pictures she says, "Awww... there's Cheyenne!? Santa!? And Maddi!?" 




 Thank you Grandma Sherri, Papa Steve, Uncle Nate, Aunt Melissa, Cheyenne, and Santa
 for having such a FUN and EXCITING day with us!!!


Maddi had so much fun, that taking her home did NOT go so well :(
We started driving her back to Grandma Teresa's house and she started to recognize the neighborhood... Here's how our conversation went:

Maddi:  "I go HOME Mommy Daddy?"
Me: "No, not today honey. We are going back to Grandma Teresa's house now."
Maddi: [Whine] "No, I go HOME now Mommy Daddy House!?"
Me: [sad she is so sad, yet "oddly" happy that she wants to go HOME with us] 
        "I'm sorry honey, not tonight...."
Maddi: [Now Whimpering] "Nooooo... I not. I go with Mommy Daddy home see Shiloh and Timber." Maddi: [Starts to cry]
Mike: [Whispers to be "Be strong Mommy"... as I am now looking out my window close to tears.]
Me: [Pointing out the window] "Oooooo, Maddi look at those pretty Christmas lights on that house!!!"
Maddi: [Still Whimpering] "Nooooo..."
Me: "Ohhhhh!!! Those lights are BEAUTIFUL! Look at those!"
Maddi: [No response, but stopped whining]

***We pull up in front of Grandma Teresa and Papa's house and she started to whimper and whine again. Walking up their steps she plopped herself down on the steps with her head down on her hands. Teresa came out and I motioned that she doesn't want to go back...and Teresa started to help me coax her inside.
Once I mentioned that she could show Grandma all the pictures and video we took today, she jumped up and came inside. (This girl LOVES her photos!)

Mike and I stayed and talked with Teresa and Mike while we played with Maddi a bit more. 
Teresa told us that some of Maddi's extended family is having a very hard time with the news of the adoption, and this caused me to worry. Teresa seemed very stressed about it, yet tried to reassure me as best she could, since she could see I was close to tears. After such a great day, this news just broke my heart!! I just kept telling myself over and over: "This is meant to be, God brought us together.This is meant to be." When I tell myself that, all my worries of the unknown melt away, because I know that we are in God's hands, and he is in complete control of what is in store for our family.

Each time we take Maddi back, it is so hard on us because we wish we could have her with us always. Now with this shocking news, and this being the first time that Maddi showed us she feels sad not to stay with us too, I didn't think I was going to make it out the door without crying! But, I held it together for Maddi.
As soon as we got back into the truck to go home, a few tears fell as Mike and I talked about the great day we had.  A few fell when we talked about the extended family disagreeing with the adoption. And a few more fell when we talked about how sad we are that Maddi is so sad. :( 

I called my mom on the way home and vented a bit of my worries, and she understood how I was feeling. she tried to reassure me as well... yet nothing really was helping my "kicked in the gut" feeling I had... until I got home and saw that I had a missed call and a voice mail on my cellphone. It was from Teresa, and she said that she just got a voice mail that the extended family had some time to gather their thoughts and realized that they are happy that Maddi found two loving parents and were happy that Teresa was putting her up for adoption for the best interest of Maddi. :) Talk about a load taken off my shoulders... 


Mommy's Favorite Picture of the day:
(Maddi & Daddy waiting "patiently" to see Santa)

No comments:

Post a Comment