Sunday, December 1, 2013

God Works in Mysterious Ways...

Enough said.
LOL okay, okay... you want to know why I say this???

11/13/13
I'm at work, and my boss (out of the blue) asks me if I want to work early on Friday, which I of course say YES!!! Getting off early on a Friday to start the weekend early is such a bonus, right!? (This detail will seem important in a minute)
So, I get off work that same night and I am sorting some thoughts on my drive home. I tend to enjoy my drive home to decompress, listen to my favorite music, and just sorting my thoughts and feelings out. This is the time when I tend to have my best ideas, and my worst boo-hoos. I get home, bake some cupcakes, and start watching some of my recorded shows. Out of the corner of my eye, I see my phone flashing. (my phone was still on silent from work) I open my phone to see a bunch of missed calls and texts galore... and I see they are all from my mom??? My mind instantly thinks of the worst! I call my mom back and she's talking a mile a minute and what she had to say forever changed not only my life, but Mike's, my family's, my friend's... my ENTIRE world.
My mom was just pouring out information to me about her friend Teresa from her church. Teresa has a 3 year old granddaughter that she is putting up for adoption, and just thought to call my mom for a reference. My mom and her talked for over an hour about this little girl and what she's looking for in a couple to possibly adopt her. My mom humors all the questions she was getting as a reference for someone else, but then says "But, you HAVE to meet my daughter and son-in-law before you meet the other person... because they are PERFECT." My mom talked Teresa into waiting until she could talk to me and see if I was willing to meet with her to talk about her granddaughter. My mom, still talking a mile a minute to me, says "So What do you think!?!?"
What do I think??? What.... do I.... think??? 
"Well...ummmm..... I am in shock I think? I need to wake up Mike and talk to him before I can say we can meet with her.." Mike and I were going to start with an adoption agency this coming January, but I was TOTALLY caught off guard by my mom's call. This is not what normal phone calls at 11 o'clock at night sound like, right???
So, I go wake up my sleeping husband in the nicest, non-alarming way I can think of- mind you my mind racing now. The poor man thought I hit something with my car on the way home again, because I said "Honey, can you wake up? I need to talk to you about something really important. I need you to be fully awake... are you awake??? You know how we say God works in mysterious ways... and EVERYTHING happens for a reason? Well, I need you to wake up because I have something serious to talk to you about."
Mike woke up, walks into the kitchen where I have a notebook with all kinds of scribbled down notes from my mom, and I go through the whole story with him, a little bit about the grandmother, how my mom knows her, how old the little girl is, a little bit about her bio-parents, her phone number, etc...
I will never forget his face when I was all done explaining that past hour of events. He looked at me like I was on drugs.... and then after he processed everything... he smiled. :) He just simply said "Well, we HAVE to meet this grandmother, don't we?" (followed by a million questions of course) lol
I called my mom back and she let's the grandmother know that we want to meet. Now, can you guess when the earliest that we all can setup to meet? That's right, Friday night... the night just hours earlier my boss for "no reason" changed my schedule to earliest shift that day.
God works in mysterious ways
Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment