Monday, December 23, 2013

Maddison Moves in!!!

As of 12/14/13 Maddison became a permanent family member in the Haley home. (not officially per the court, however she was fully placed on this day) This will count as day one of the 6th month placement period for her adoption to be fully processed and approved.

Teresa brought Maddison to her Great Grandpa and Grandma's house so we could all meet. (Her Great Grandpa and Grandma raised her her first year, so it was important to them that they met us) When we pulled up, Maddison saw us and said "Open this door!" trying to get out of the house to get us. (LOL)
We talked and they watched us play with Maddison in their living room... although she was a bit more enthused with playing with their cat! lol The Great Grandparents gave us a scrapbook that Great Grandma made for Maddison. It was AWESOME seeing her baby pictures... since I missed out on this period of her life. :( It has hand prints, favorite toy pictures, and 1st birthday cake eating pictures lol

After we were done visiting, Maddison jumped in our truck and we traveled home to visit while her Grandma Teresa went to get Papa Michael and all of Maddison's things. I ordered pizza and we all ate and talked together a bit more. Teresa gave me all of Maddison's personal paperwork and medical release statement so I was able to get her records and request medical attention if needed on her behalf. Teresa also included a list of Maddison's favorite foods:
  1. Juice (I have been working on this one... we have had more milk and water than juice)
  2. Cheese, Rice, Re fried Beans
  3. Bananas & Applesauce
  4. Biscuits & Gravy, breakfast bars, sausage & egg & cheese sandwiches, and plain sausage
  5. Turkey, Tuna sandwiches
  6. chicken noodle soup, spaghetti-os, spaghetti, and ravioli
  7. mashed potatoes & gravy
  8. CHICKEN NUGGETS & FRENCH FIRES!!!! with BBQ sauce and Ketchup
  9. Crackers, Chips, & Cookies (I have been buying the veggie chips and vanilla wavers to swap out some sugars and attempt at being a bit healthier)
  10. RUDY'S TACOS!!!! (This is a great thing, considering 100% of my family LOVES Rudy's Tacos! :)
I have experimented with some different foods and some have gone over well, and some not so much. But usually if Mike and I are eating, so is she. Once we are done, she is done too. So we are mastering the art of SLOOOOOOOW eating to get her to eat all/most of her food. 

After dinner Teresa helped Maddison move her stuff from their house into her bedroom at our house. I know that had to be hard on both of them, but for the sake of Maddison no tears were spilled in front of her. Teresa, Maddi, and I played with her toys in the toy room some before they left. This was the first time Teresa and Michael left our house where Maddison did not leave with them... I was surprised there were no questions from her about it!?!? She jumped in the bath, daddy read her 2 books, and she went to sleep for the night.

At night we put a child gate up so if she wakes up, she can only get to her bathroom (fully childproof from cleaners and sprays), and our room. This past week she had woken up in the middle of the night and came into our room and turned on the light. We just take her back to bed and tell her it's not time to wake up yet and lay down with her until she falls back to sleep. She falls back to sleep and she comes into our room at the CRACK OF DAWN to wake us up for the day. LOL So we gradually moved the baby gate toward her room each night to teach her that she needs to stay in her bedroom and I also added a CD player (with a Nora Jones CD playing) and this has reeeeally helped her stay asleep all night. We realized with the snow plows and early morning traffic and the dogs on the other side of her wall, she was probably getting woke up. She is now sleeping from 830-9pm to 7-730am. If she wakes up earlier, she now plays quietly in her room with her doll house and stuffed animals while she listens to music. I think she secretly loves it, as she never calls out... she only opens her door and when she doesn't hear us up...she shuts it again and starts playing again. This allows me to get up and jump in our shower and get dressed on mornings Mike is gone to work already.

She is ALWAYS bright and chipper in the morning and when I turn the corner she says "HI MOMMY! I love YOU!"  Hands down... best part of the day! :)

GOOD MORNING FROM MADDI!!!




3 comments: